View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 02:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Saw on the big screen. Excellent film. Really has a unique look and feel to me. Impressive effects.

I don't think it's a great film, as the story has off-kilter feel through out, and the ending not exactly leaving a great satisfying feeling. It's been a long time since I've seen it (and only twice)... I think the reason for the off-kilter feeling is partly because the characters are not intimately understood; or otherwise lack backstories, depth or superseding great performances which make them innately understandable. Just my opinion.

Kinda funny, I saw Dragonslayer as part of a double-feature with my folks, and my brother and I each brought a friend. The next film was Body Heat... so my folks walked us out pretty quick into the film. A friend of the family recommended Body Heat to my folks, and it was a good film, but I don't think they knew anyone was planning on bringing kids to it. Also not a proper double-feature matching.
I saw DRAGONSLAYER on a big screen as well...a few years after its release at a Matinee and quite impressive.

That IS quite an odd Double Bill...BODY HEAT was pretty spicy with what I remember...definitely not for Kiddies