View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 01:54 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
Yeah Bloof he's doin' alright..It's a tough balance to strike tryn' to show the boy positive ways to grieve, when at times I feel broken and drowning.
Just got word about Day of the Dead goin' on down in Missoula Nov.2... part of me is like yeah I got this...and part sees myself lyin' in street struck down by grief.
I've never been to Day of the Dead, but my understanding is it's celebrating the life of the loved one as part of a grieving process, and you do it with others, which sounds like a positive experience... and I can't speak for you, but sounds like a setting less likely to drown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
And what of the remains?...
I have a long list on paper of all our favorite haunts.
Convergence points in the laylines of the earth, sacred places where we shared our love and bared our souls..
How deep in my emotional well must I delve to find the strength to go to these places and scatter ashes?
I can only imagine the state I'll be in..and to let my son see me in that condition..it's tough to face.
I think it's healthy for your son to see you grieve. As I'm sure he does, he ought to know it's OK to grieve, cause dad grieves too. Maybe you should even welcome that.

Did she ask you spread her ashes in these places? If not, I don't know that it's really healthy to put yourself through that. I think our loved ones would want to be remembered, but they wouldn't want us to be tortured by the memories.