View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
No, fuck YOU

"The ghost" 7/10

Iīll bet not many have heard about this one. Itīs above average actually.

First of all, i have to say that when it comes to shock and scares "The ghost" has NO originality whatsoever. Lots of water, a ghost lady with long black hair and a bad combover, the victims sitting scared on their asses instead of running like hell, and itīs all like farted out of "Ringu".
But the creeps and shocks actually works in this one, compared to so many other rip-offs. Especially the shocks works quite nice mostly thanks to some very effective drum-like sound effects. The 1 computer effect there is also looks pretty decent.

The story is even more far out in itīs supernatural ellements than many other asian ghost stories, even though it doesnīt quite hold "water";) at the end. I donīt wanna spoil it for anyone who would wanna see it, so iīm not going into any details.
I liked the sureal scenes such as the main characters nightmares and the mental hospital bed scene. That was nicely made. Another thing i can say about it is, that itīs actually a really cruel and sad story.

A really anoying thing about this movie though is, that many of the female characters look so much alike, that it almost gave me a headache to figure out who was who. "Is that the good girl, the bad girl, the same girl, the poor girl..... WTF?!!!".
You seriously have to keep focus from beginning to end or youīll get lost easily. Iīm not good at that, so i had to watch it a third time to be sure i got it all..... Still didnīt quite get the very end though.:rolleyes:

The acting was also quite good all the way around.... Except for 1 person maybe.

Thatīs all i have to say about that.

:cool:

Last edited by Angra; 09-20-2005 at 01:54 PM.