View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 9

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of a medium sized detached house. There are several cars parked outside. Another car parks, and a young man with a long head of hair steps out. He has a small shaggy beard and is wearing a brown hooded sweater and jeans. This is The Flayed One. He rings the door bell and within a few seconds, a beaming Hammerfan opens the door.

Hammerfan: Ah, Flayed!

She gives him a big hug and kisses him on the cheek.

Hammerfan: We didn't think you'd show this year!

Flayed: Yeh, well, I might have to shove off early. Got some paint to watch dry.

He smiles and winks at her. She whacks him with her tea towel.

Hammerfan: Come on in and help yourself.

She points to a bowl of cooked meat in barbecue sauce. Amongst the pieces of meat are a foot and a finger.

Hammerfan: We'll just give the others a few minutes to arrive then we can start. Neverending, look who arrived!

Neverending: Who is it, dear?

He steps out of the kitchen whilst wiping some red liquid off a glass. He smiles when he sees Flayed.

Neverending: Good show! Come to risk it again?

Flayed nods politely then takes a collar bone covered in meat from the bowl and begins biting it. He sits down in the lounge area. There are three other people in there. The one closest to him is a young woman with very pale skin. She has small fangs protruding from her lips and bright green eyes. Her hair is dark brown and hanging loose. She nods at him in greeting.

Flayed: Muderdoll! Is there ever a year when you're not here?

She replies with no humor.

Murderdoll: Once back in 1986 I decided not to turn up. I'd killed some family in Texas the night before and it was tricky to cross the border.

Flayed raises an eyebrow, then looks across to the next person along. She has pitch black hair and eyeliner to match. She's wearing a long black dress and is holding the hand of a man who also has long dark hair. He also has large muscles and a beard to make Flayed's look like a prepubescent school girl. This is Rayne and Dude Guadalupe.

Rayne: Hey! 'Bout time you turned up. I've been wanting to give you a thrashing for years.

Flayed: You'd like that, wouldn't you.

Dude Guadalupe suddenly stands up and stares down at The Flayed One angrily.

Dude Guadalupe: What the FUCK did you just say?

Flayed looks up at him and cocks a smile.

Flayed: That didn't work on me the last time, don't think I've forgotten!

Dude takes a few steps towards Flayed, then he face turns to a smile and he shakes Flayed's hand.

Dude: Good to see you again, mate. At least now there are two useful guys on our team!

Hammerfan walks in holding a glass of what looks like red wine. She hands it to Murderdoll who begins drinking.

Hammerfan: Watch it, you!

Dude: Sorry Ma'am.

He mock bows. She laughs.

Hammerfan: Neverending! Finish up in there, looks like we can get started now, nobody else is turning up!

Rayne: Roshiq not coming, again?

Hammerfan shakes her head.

Hammerfan: He's still a bit sore. I tell you, I don't think he's left his house in years! Well, apart from...well, Halloween.

Neverending walks in with a bowl of cheese-its.

Neverending: These are just for afterwards, you know. I always get a craving for them.

Murderdoll: I gotta hand it to you, Hammer, this is really good this year.

She holds up the glass of red liquid.

Hammerfan: Freshly squeezed today.

Neverending: Tell me about it!

Dude: Who'd it come from?

Hammerfan: Some guy I hit on the road. Looked homeless. Funny though, he didn't have a head. I can't imagine my tire would take it clean off like that...

Flayed: Ha! You hit another guy?

Neverending: Every bloody year!

He puts on an exaggerated woman's voice.

Neverending: Nev, it happened again? Can you handle it for me while I go and invite my ex again?

Rayne: Ooooh, trouble in paradise?

Hammerfan: Let's see you talk like that downstairs! Speaking of which, shall we begin?

They all nod, then stand and make their way to the basement. The basement is separated into two halves. The stairs lead to one half, which is quite a nice, carpeted room with plain white walls. There are comfy arm chairs down there and a large blackboard. Hammerfan walks over and draws a long white line down the middle of the board.

Hammerfan: Okay, last year it was Wolves who chose first, so this time it's bats!

Rayne steps forward to a hat that Neverending is holding. She pulls out a piece of paper and unfolds it.

Murderdoll: Perfect! FLAYED!

Flayed: I'll try and go easy on you this time.

Murderdoll: Ha! I'm not the one with a limp, she shoots she SCORES!

Flayed laughs and the two of them approach the large breeze block wall which split the basement in half. At the far end of the wall is a large metal door it a bar across it. Dude lifts the bar and the two of them walk into the room. This side isn't nearly as well looked after as the other side. The walls are entirely covered in breeze blocks. There's a rusty bucket in one corner and a pile of needles in another. The ceiling in dripping and there's a tap on one side. Flayed covers his nose.

Flayed: Eurgh! Jesus, Nev, couldn't afford to clean it last year?

Neverending: Honestly! Sometimes I wish I'd become a Vampire before I met her! Then I wouldn't have to worry about Molly and her damn college fees.

Hammerfan: Oy!

Neverending: You know I'm only joking!

There are several small holes poked in breeze blocks, about the size of a can of drink. Hammerfan speaks through one of them whilst Dude puts the bar back across the door.

Hammerfan: Okay, Flayed. The morphine is over there in the corner, see it? Induce the change, if you will.

Flayed: Yep! I got it

Neverending: And MD, have you had enough blood?

Muderdoll: I could do with a bit more.

Neverending: Okay, just fill up your glass from that bucket there!

She dips her glass in the bucket and downs the blood. Flayed takes one of the morphine injections and sticks it into his arm. Almost immediately, his muscles start to bulge and grey sprouts from all over his skin. The muscles bulge so much that his skin begins to tear, although the wounds heal within seconds as skin reforms. He screams out in pain. Murderdoll stands ready to fight. Hammerfan shouts through the hole.

Hammerfan: Remember Muderdoll, you can start whe-

Murderdoll: When he howls. I remember! Okay...time to toughen up.

She closes her eyes and concentrates hard for a moment. Her skin begins to get darker and darker, turning a deep purple colour, before returning to it's pale state. She reopens her eyes and they're blood red. She twists her head side to side, clicking it. Flayed has almost fully change now. He is hunched over, whimpering like a hurt dog. When he looks up, his face is a gruesome cross between human and canine. Most of the face is hairless, and whilst his jaw and nose are stretched out, that is pretty much the only change. His nose has not turned black and his lips still look the same. His teeth are long and sharp, and his ears are larger and pointed. He blinks once over his yellow eyes, then wheezes a few times.

Murderdoll: Almost...

Suddenly, he lists his head up to the ceiling and lets out a loud howl.

Murderdoll: There we go...

She smiles maliciously. Flayed jolts as though he has just noticed her presence. He growls deeply, then in unison both of them dive at each other, Flayed going high and Murderdoll darting low. Just before they collide, the screen cuts to black, but the sounds of shouting, screaming, barking and wincing can still be heard as well as mauls and scratches, tears and bites. Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...

Last edited by ferretchucker; 12-23-2009 at 02:44 PM.