View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 06:07 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Halfway through #22 of DARK SHADOWS...truly running out of gas by this time.
Considering there are over 1,200 eps, that's not a good sign. It was before my time, and I've only seen a few eps, not my cup of tea, but I know there's a lot of fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Got the GAME OF THRONES Complete Series and finished Season 8. >>>>>>
>>>SPOLIERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thought overall the entire series was fantastic...such intricate details for every department. Had heard a lot of fans were let down by the final episode, but Mrs FD and I thought it was a good way to wrap everything up. Mrs Fd thought that it might have been better to continue the camera moving from character to the next and have them growing older, maybe with families, King's Landing rebuilt and thriving and the final scene would be a grey haired Tyrion lying in state after his death. Maybe people were hoping for a slam bang ending, like Cersei and Dany going Mano a Mano.

We've started re-watching the series
GOTs is top rate stuff. I just thought they started the ending wrap-up of the all the stories too late in the game. That is to say, I think they covered too much ground in the last eps. It would have been more enjoyable if they had skipped on some side stories early on and embellished on the invasion of the dead, the raven-eye kid's powers, Dani's final campaign, etc.