View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Shadow Dead

Chapter 2-1: Dinner and a Movie

~~~

Drip… drip… drip…

Gina Melborn’s mind slowly surfaced from the dark, cold depths of sub-consciousness, drawn by the steady rhythm of an unknown dripping sound that penetrated the murky void. She had the odd sensation of floating and feeling disconnected from her own body as she opened the heavy shutters over her eyes, adjusting to lamp light from somewhere nearby. Her vision was blurred and it took some effort to focus.

Drip… drip… drip…

Gina’s eyes began to clear. She started to register the cream-colored, plush carpet that filled her vision at an odd angle—the mouth of a glass protruding from it. A red colored liquid continued to drip into it, gently rippling the surface of the once clear beverage within.

Is that… blood? It hurt her head to think, to move.

Her senses slowly returned, betraying her numb and disoriented state.

She could smell vodka coming from the glass and the putrid odor of vomit, dried sweat and sex…

My God! Fragmented memories shot to the surface; flashes of dark and disturbing images she was not yet willing to associate as her own.

Gina tried to move her head as a sharp pain ripped through her neck and down her spine from lying over the edge of the bed on her stomach for an eternity.

Drip… drip…

Her lower lip stung as she stopped the flow of the warm, salty fluid, tracing the cut with her tongue around the swelling that began to throb.

Something awful had happened. There had been drugs and alcohol. But there had been much more. She tried to assemble the pieces of memory but the picture was still too fuzzy.

Blackout?

She felt more pain as she tried to move. An intense invisible dagger struck between her legs, making recovering her memory both absolutely necessary and equally terrifying. Her vagina was on fire.

She tried to move her arms but felt no sensation in them. She continued the attempt as pins and needles revealed their location behind her back. Circulation started to return. Gina wiggled her fingers, somewhere around her lower back.

What the fuck?

Her legs were dead weight. As sensation returned, they felt like the battlefield of a thousand charley-horses, indicative of some sort of bruising, if not worse.

What did they do to me last night?

And there it was: They.

She could hear the sound of water breaking on a shore nearby. A breeze blew in through an open window, causing goose bumps all along her back side.

I’m naked!

Gina’s anger made her react. She jerked her arms painfully to no avail.

What the hell?

Her wrists began to burn as she met cold resistance.

Gina turned her head to discover her sideways position on a bed not her own. The panic started to revive her lethargic limbs as she foolishly tried to move too fast; her sore muscles screamed as they tensed up. The pain in her loins burned intensely as she felt the trickle of something wet and warm flowing down her upper thigh.

I’m bleeding!

With nothing but the obvious, but no memory of it, Gina began to understand:

I’ve been drugged… no… it’s worse than that.

For a moment, she simply collapsed under the weight of the unspoken implication, feeling defeated mentally, physically, spiritually. Gina tried to recover but the tears fell like a breach in a levee as she desperately tried to free her hands from behind her back and heard the chain of the cuffs. Her frustration overwhelmed her as she started to sob, finally allowing the thought to finish:

I was… raped.

She turned her head away from the bed, keeping her eyes tightly closed while trying to regain some control of herself. Understanding she was bound made her heart race. She struggled to breathe. Gina thought about calling out for help but was torn between being discovered in such a humiliating position and not knowing if ‘They’ were still here… wherever ‘here’ was.

I’m at the beach house.

It was coming back.

There was a party, a private party.

She was approached last night at the club.

That man… Marvin… no, Malcolm… he offered me a lot of money to dance at his…

Her eyes went wide as she recalled it all. The night had been strange to say the least. But there was more. There was so much more.

There was… violence.

For the first time, Gina noticed the blood splattered on the walls.

There was a lot of blood.

~~~

(Continued in the next reply...)