View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Box (2009)

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it at the time...but now that I look back I can see the flaws starting to pop out. Still, as long as you don't spend too much time trying to make sense of the ending, this is a super entertaining, vaguely surreal piece of cinema. Wants to seem smarter than it is, but still very enjoyable at face value.

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Typical Burton. Your opinion of his work in general should be a perfect indication of whether or not you'll enjoy this: there's not a lot of new ground here, but if you're still fond of Burton's style you should still find a lot to enjoy here.

Personally, I had fun with it. Nothing special, but some great imagery and fun characters. You get exactly what you pay for: a once great director going back to the same well that he's nearly dried up, and pulling up something that looks and smells a lot like his earlier work. Pretty colours, familiar story, great cast...many will call him out for laziness, but if you keep your expectations grounded this is a pretty solid little adventure.

Last edited by The_Return; 03-05-2010 at 09:27 PM.