View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 07:23 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
I wonder if there are any horror movies where the hero hears scary noises coming from the basement, and, instead of going down into the basement, sprints out the front door, which is what any intelligent person would do.

That reminds me. When I saw The silence of the lambs in the theater, when Jodi Foster goes into the killer's house, there was a sort of silent scream from the audience: "Don't go in there!" Then, when she follows him down into the basement, it was kind of a silent whimper: "Don't go down there!"

After she blew the guy away, I thought "I guess FBI training works."

I wonder if there is a kind of hand gun you don't have to cock, so the victim isn't warned by hearing a click.
For almost all modern handguns, you never have to cock a gun, it's just a lot easier to fire with it cocked. Pulling the trigger will pull it through the cocking sequence. Some semi-auto handguns like glocks don't even have hammers that you can cock, they're already cocked. People will cock their guns when they're ready to shoot, but I think directors quite like extra suspense of a cocking-the-gun shot. But you do have take the safety off, which is silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Ever see that one Geico commercial? "When you're in a horror movie, you make bad choices. It's what you do!"

Black guy: "Let's hide in the attic!"

Brunette girl: "No in the basement!"

Blonde girl: "Why can't we just get in the RUNNING car?"

White guy: "Are you crazy?! Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"

Yeah... horror movies wouldn't be what they are without the main characters making bad choices that any sane person would avoid throughout the entire movie.
I had to look that up. That is funny! Say, what does the chic say right at the very very end? (that's after the narrator talks)

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.