View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 02:13 AM
That fucking Guy...

Dexter current "season" episode 3 - It's coming along. A few kind of weird "whacky" moments derailed the vibe a bit in this episode. Overall, it's ok. Hopefully they can just find a way to end/resolve things that the long time audience actually likes.

Star Trek Discovery Season 4 premiere - This one episode was made of better stuff than the entirety of the last season of the show. It's good to see they've done their "lookit how progressive we are" season and are shifting the focus to some better storytelling. This was an excellent season opening.

To me, the last season succeeded in doing overall what it could have accomplished in 2-3 episodes, and had the remainder set within the events/location after that...it was a drag with just, a ridiculous, piss poor "reason" for the state of the "future".
Ah well, shows have shit seasons don't they?
Off the top of season 2 which was arguably their best, season 3 really had a hard path for the comparison...and then it sucked...
But yeah, anyway...season 4, episode 1. It was great. Hope they can keep it up.

Chucky, episode 6 (just about to watch 7).
The show is growing on me. I don't think the flashback/young Charles scenes were really necessary.
The "young" cast I don't much give a shit about tbh...or for that matter, the majority of the adult cast.
Though I'm liking that the show feels kind of along the lines of the earlier films, with a touch of those last two, and precious little of Bride/Seed thank fuck.
What I do like?
They're giving something to everyone.
The fans of the first few get Andy and Kyle.
Fans of the second generation get the continuing Chucky/Tiffany dynamic, with thus far, a mention of Glen.
Those that prefer curse/cult, well you get the return of the canonical adult-Andy storyline (how did he get out of that damn cell though), Kyles return (end of cult), and the ongoing story of the semi/possessed Nica playing both herself and Chucky.
Not only that, is that all the elements are becoming woven together and I guess linked and made "official" in each others universe.
All in all, it's not amazing or anything...but it's watchable, it's respectful enough of the source material, and it's not about a fucking faulty robot.
Not bad, not bad.