View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 03:25 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE EXTERMINATOR (1980). Vigilante movie about a Vietnam vet avenging the brutal assualt on his friend and cleaning up NYC's mean streets. Christopher George (GRIZZLY, THE GATES OF HELL) is the Cop assigned to his case with time to date Samantha Eggar (THE BROOD). Other people in the cast I noticed were Irwin Keyes (FRIDAY, THE 13th, HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES), Ned Eisenberg (plays a sleazy and usually ineffectual lawyer on LAW AND ORDER: SVU) and Louis Edmonds (TV's DARK SHADOWS).
Not bad overall, with decent turns by Robert Ginty (watch him use a TERMINATOR line a few years earlier!) and Steve James and while fun to see him deliver payback to various scum, depressing to know that people like that are really out there and NYC looks grimy as hell, especially in the Time's Square area.***
I say, before the internet, I'd always get these mixed up!

I thought The Exterminator was the one where a maniac captures women and kills them with a flamethrower, but that's Don't Go in the House (1979). Then the description you give of Exterminator reminds me of the 80's film "The Park is Mine". I just looked at the theatrical trailer, and I haven't seen this. It looks really exciting.