View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 04:02 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I've only seen the George Clooney version. I quite enjoyed it.
What did you like about it, Hammerfay? Did you find it romantic (in a good way)? Or did you find it non-romantic, but more sci-fi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyFreddy View Post
I liked it (the clooney version) i would give it a 6/10.

in some places i found it to be a bit slow moving and maybe a bit too cerebral in places. but other wise gave you some very interesting points to ponder over.

overall a very enjoyable film
Glad you enjoyed it. The slower parts, were they the romantic parts? What parts were they? Like, when they all met in the lounge with Clooney & Rheya, the black Dr wasn't pulling any punches. I thought that was exciting. Was it scenes like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
I've only seen the russian and I couldn't finish it. I remember visually it was beautiful/stunning visually, but the story dragged and was dull.
It was like that for me too. The first time I tried to watch it, in my late teens, (it's a 3 hr film) I found it very difficult to get into. Not to mention I don't like reading films (subtitles).

More recently, I jumped into the middle of the film, & having seen Solaris 2002, found it a bit more entertaining, because I knew what was going on already. It was late, & it wasn't enough to keep me up. Not sure I'll ever be interested to watch it again, though if there were an english dub, I'd be a lot more likely to watch it.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-05-2015 at 04:08 PM.