View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

What are your opinions on the new Resident Evil 2 remake?

I know I'm most likely going to be the only one who says this, but I really feel like this game is being overhyped right now. It hasn't even be released yet and people are already declaring it the greatest Resident Evil game ever made which shows that this series sells more from it's name than it does it does the actual quality of it's games.

Personally from what I've seen there are some things that bug me. Like why did they have to copy the exact same gameplay style from Resident Evil 4? Why couldn't they do like the remake of the first Resident Evil game with the original fixed camera angles? I'm just really sick of every new Resident Evil game trying to copy Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 was not even scary it was more of a cheesy action game than anything else. The same goes for Resident Evil 5, 6 and Revelations 1 and 2. Just a bunch of over-the-top heroes and villains being cheesy and acting like they are in a comic book. I'm not saying that this remake will automatically be like that but the fact that they are copying the exact same gameplay style of Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6 worries me.

I'm also not too happy with the fact that they changed the appearence of Claire, Sherry, and Ada. I mean I just don't understand the purpose of it, were they trying to modernize these female characters so that they would appeal more to today's generation of gamers? I mean this was a game that was made and set in the 1990's so why not keep the 90's vibe? In the remake of the first game they didn't change the look of the characters that drastically.

The least they could have done was kept the picture of the angel on the back of Claire's motorcycle jacket...

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 09-02-2018 at 07:13 AM.