View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Evil Dead

THE THING (1982). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Saw this during its Theatrical run-got into the theater right when the Dog enters the Camp- and just totally blown away by Rob Bottin's amazing work. The Kennel scene is still done so well and right before the shooting starts, is astounding how repulsive the alien invader is as it shreiks at the men.

There's no doubt that the loveable ET stole much of TT's thunder-very sure which ETI I would want to spend time with, but still sad this was not a bigger hit. Just enjoyed this from the get go and pleased that it acheived cult status and made some $$ some years after thanks to alternative viewing methods.

The cast is great with Kurt Russell and Keith David standing out, although I wish the script could have had a little more characterization for the men. A small quibble however-for me, this is truly John Carpenters best film and one every serious film buff should see and savor. *****