View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:02 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
In Cold Blood (1967)
7/10

Based on true story of two criminals who who go to steal a safe but end up only finding $40 and they murder all four family members. Then they sort of meander around avoiding the police as we see a couple detectives get some incites on the murders and murderers. Based on a book by Truman Capote.

Meh, I wasn't impressed. I thought it had a rather pokey pace, and it didn't inspire me to want to know who the murderers were or why they did it. ‎Robert Blake‎, and especially ‎Scott Wilson, do a great job acting, it just wasn't exciting or all that interesting.
The two leads are good and while it has a grim premise (I think it was FANGORIA who called it "The HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER of it's day"), it does poke around and don't find the musical score all that either.

THE DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES (1962). The effect alcohol has on a Young couples lives is shown in wrenching almost frightening detail. THE LOST WEEKEND (1945) has gotten more of the praise, but Ray Milland's character is such a sclub, you don't really care about him. You like Jack Lemmon and especially Lee Remick-how lovely and vulnerable she is- and hoping there will be some salvation for them. ****