Thread: Duma Key
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Infection Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna26 View Post
I also really liked them both but I think I liked Desperation slightly better.
Its a hard decision. Desperation was a little more strenuous, but the little boy praying and all that..idk took it down half a point. The Regulators was a little darker. It also reminded me of Silent Hill (Bachman Street). At least thats what I think of them, but I recommend reading them both.

Quote:
The Dark Tower series....well, I tried the first one, and I had a really tough time getting through it. I have been told that I should have given the rest of them a chance though, so I intend on reading them all.....eventually.
I'm in the same boat.

While we are on Stephen King, I know hes the Master of Horror and all, but after reading a large number of other authors I dare say King's horror is only mediocre to pretty good. Thats just me. I am a huge fan of the man and would be more excited meeting him than Tom Cruise any day, but where he really shines is in his human horror (Gerald's Game, Dolores Claiborne, Misery) and his short stories (I really love "Gray Matter"). I'd also strongly recommend his non-fiction works (Danse Macabre and On Writing) to any fellow aspiring horror authors.