View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 06:42 PM
HDC Idol

Also, I sincerely HOPE that I Am Legend makes this list...

Quote:
futurama: bender's big score
i'm a big fan of the show, but usually cartoon show movies fall way short. this one was everything a movie like that should be. it fit in perfectly with the series, the pacing was great (which is another common problem in cartoon show movies), and it just felt like watching a futurama episode. the simpsons, family guy, etc. could all learn a lesson from this one.
I didn't even KNOW that they made a Futurama movie... I'll have to check that out...

Quote:
bug
i'm really surprised more of you around here didn't like this. i thought it was so incredible.
Yes, yes, yes... I think this film was INCREDIBLY underrated... Good to see someone else caught it (I partially blame the VERY poor advertising campaign... Then again, you wouldn't want to reveal TOO much while pitching it).

Ok, so if Bug DOES make the 2007 cut...

If that's the case, then I would substitute it in for Mulberry Street... Two excellent indie horror movies, but oh, so little room in a top 10 list.

Interesting to see Ratatouille Making both a Best and a Worst list so far... I saw it and thought it was mediocre... I was trying to think of more animated films that came out this year, but sadly there is a clear dearth.

I have yet to see...
No Country for Old Men, but I have heard very, VERY good things about it.

My honorable mentions:

The Hills Have Eyes 2
I thought that the movie stepped away from the exploitative scenes of the first movie and got more involved in a pure siege film. Also, like the second Alien film, the "victims" here are all army men and women, so I find it more frightening in a way that they are just as helpless as the civilians in the first movie (in the first movie, having civilians that are so clearly supposed to be weak and vulnerable is just like shooting fish - painful).

Disturbia
Not a perfect movie, but definitely a really good nod to Hitchcock. I thought it was a very well-done teen horror flick. And Shia LaBeouf was definitely convincing. I definitely enjoyed it and thought the direction was fantastic.

Stardust
I always enjoyed the fantasy films when I was younger: Time Bandits, Princess Bride, Never Ending Story... I always found it difficult to find any that compare in these modern times... I thought that Stardust was incredibly well done and acted. The costumes and make-up were great (and Ricky Gervais has a GREAT cameo) I am actually reading the novel right now (I am a HUGE Neil Gaiman fan), and so far the movie has been true to it...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!

Last edited by ChronoGrl; 12-03-2007 at 06:45 PM.