View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 05:15 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The Fantastic Four (2015)
4/10

Wow, that was pretty bad. At least it was only 1hr 40mins; or maybe that was the problem. The director Josh Trank (Chronicle 2012) complained about studio interference, assumedly for editing/cuts. Except for the beginning, all the story arcs and character developments seems cutoff and stunted, the ending even seemed abrupt.

The special effects were pretty cool. But unfortunately there's very little action.

There were changes from the superhero comic cannon, but the worst part of it was the horrible lack of rendering of Dr Doom's powers. If they were going to keep it lowbrow and shallow, the audience could have at least enjoyed cool special effects action of the Fantastic 4 type, but alas, no.
I only saw that one once, and don't remember much about it. I do remember that I enjoyed the two where Chris Evans played the Human Torch a lot better, and didn't feel that any of the characters or the story were developed that well in this version. I also saw the cheesey one that got shelved back in the early 1990s, and even found that one entertaining in a chessetastic or "so bad it's good" sort of way. It's almost sad for the new one when I'm finding ways where even the cheesey one that shelved in the '90s is more enjoyable than this one.