View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:46 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I was calling the film rubbish, not the interpretations.

I didn't really detest the film, but felt that even after having the full meaning of the film explained and viewing it a third time that it still ultimately didn't work.

I always enjoy it when a filmmaker tries to do something different, but I won't automatically love it just because it's different. As I said, there were some striking scenes in the film and I really tried to like it, but just couldn't.

P.S. My daughter LOVES that movie. Genesis is definitely her type.
Totally understand... Have you seen Noroko's Dinner Table? Really looking forward to that one.

Oh GOD Genesis was such a great villain - All of the scenes in his "pleasure den" were so horrifying.

So I learned after watching the movie that he's played by a pretty popular Japanese Pop Star... I kinda wonder, in terms of American Pop Stars, who would be his equivalent?

Like, is he a Bieber-esque pop star, or a Timberlake-esque pop star? Or is he creepy, like a David Bowie?

I'm sure that whatever his image is like in Japan adds a whole other meaning to his scenes that I just can't appreciate... I'll have to ask my friend Mike who's been living in Japan for a few years what Rolly's image is like.

I'm kinda interesting actually purposefully casting a pop star in that role... Whey we have kids who are the actual perpetrators, where is this pop star that is trying so hard to get that attention. Interesting tie-in to how Japanese youth "connect" to pop stars, casting him has this vile villain.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!