View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Talking

Jaws: The Revenge

An Exciting New Direction for the Series

After the tragedy that was Jaws 3, I went into the theatre to see this with low expectations, but boy was I wrong! Jaws: The Revenge excels everywhere Jaws 3 fails! But where do I begin?

I'll start with the most prominent change: The Shark. In all of the previous films, the shark has been a rather stupid brute ending up dead by it's own foolish mistakes. This film, however, decides to show the shark in a whole new light, as an intelligent, malevolent killer hellbent on torturing the Brody family. Afterall, there have been four sharks previously that simply happened to end up facing off against the Brodys for no other reason than to please fanboys who would scream their little socks off if, heaven forbid, a new set of characters met the incredibly rare beast. This shark concsiously seeks out the Brodys to kill them, possibly avenging it's murdered buddies.

But that is only the tip of the iceburg compared to what's to come. Lorraine Gary too serves as a brilliant force in the film, creating a familiarity with the viewer. Not to mention Michael Caine as an aeroplane Pilot and Lance Guest (Halloween II) as Michael Brody. These three characters have clear chemistry, seeming like a true family.

On top of this, there is the cruel reminder that death isn't picky, and two previously invincible characters are both pronounced dead in the first few scenes! Though I wont name them, you have to find that one out for yourself!

All of the scenes flowed together, with the help of a brilliant score and flawless directing. This film will surely go down as one of the best sequels in history. I totally recommend this, I've already seen it three times! I can't think of anything I don't love about this, being easily as good as the original, putting the others to shame. If I could give this a 6 out of five, I would.

5/5 - AWESOME.

Sorry if this is a bit crappy, but I had to write it in a hurry, guests are arriving!

The Ferrets like it...