View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Immortal horror fan

I'm still an episode behind on this show but I'm not sure what to think so far. This isn't a reboot or remake but it still feels like that sort of thing. Which should make it really bad as at least reboots/remakes are movies. For the first two episodes I had the feeling that I've seen this before. Especially towards the halfway mark in the first episode. I thought I know where this is going. Sure there are a few gender changes and things that probably make this closer, I assume to the books. I've only seen Manhunter and the remake Red Dragon which I didn't like that much. I thought the second episode would be newer but it's not really. Except for one of those gender changes. Maybe the third episode will pick things up. But I can't imagine this show with Mads Mikkelsen's Hannibal in jail. He is the best part of the show. The guy plays a great bad guy. His Hannibal is not as good as Brian Cox but it's different. I was sold on it when they cut to him enjoying dinner. The breakfast scene is also great. Yet, I can't see this show lasting more than one season. I find the lead kind of boring. He can't compare to William Petersen at all.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 04-20-2013 at 06:45 AM.