View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 01:49 AM
Evil Dead

LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK-1972. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

LOBG scared Me the first time seeing it (a week away from turning 12) and seeing it over two years later, was laughing more Han anything. Had a Friend with a very infectious laugh and his outburst when the arm goes through the bathroom window (when the poor guy is on the crapper) really had Me going, but not as much as when said poor guy busts through the door. My Buddy fell out of his seat with hilarity!

Watching it recently, it really hasn't aged well at all. Lots of filler and those cornball songs. But on a personal note, it reminded Me very much of younger days. Fouke Arkansas (SW portion of the state near Texas and Louisiana) where the story takes place reminded Me VERY MUCH of the area in NE Arkansas where many of my relatives lived (Close to Missouri and Tennessee). Much of the same type of scenery and hearing the locals talk in the film certainly brought back many memories of many relatives , mostly all of them passed on by now.

So for nostalgia sake, worth checking out. But on its own terms, once will more than enough for a first time viewer. **