View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 PM
The Original Copycat

I get where you’re coming from, and I’m not arguing in favor of financially supporting filmmakers that knowingly perpetrate violence against animals, merely stating that it happens more often than we’d think in films ( particularly older ones ) and watching them doesn’t condone the behavior anymore than watching Thriller: A Cruel Picture means you are cool with desecrating corpses on camera, or liking Texas Chainsaw Massacre condones using real remains for props and unsafe work conditions for actors

As for not wanting to see these depictions of actual violence towards animals, like I said, I totally understand. But the argument that you’re financially supporting them which, by extension, means you advocate that type of behavior, is moot. They made their money already, and regardless of whether it’s a low budget cannibalsploitation movie or an award winning film that’s considered a classic, the damage is done and they got away with it. As for Cannibal Holocaust, the movie that takes place around these scenes is worth watching if you’re a fan of the genre and wanted to see where it all started. As well a seeing one of the most effective and disturbing horror films of all time.