View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 AM
For Vendetta

You can also get it on Amazon -

http://www.amazon.com/Edisons-Franke...3981355&sr=8-1

Quote:
The complete torturous story of the 1910 film version of Frankenstein is revealed in this 100th Anniversary E-edition, presented in Word Format and PDF so that it can be read on all computers. This 2 disc package also contains a DVD of the Edison motion picture, also playable on your TV. The book tells everything you ever wanted to know about the classic first Frankenstein film and then some. This highly researched 200 page document begins in the dusty archives of Thomas A. Edison and follows a trail of evidence that leads through the tattered pages of pre-Hollywood film history. The story of the making of the film and its disappearance leads to the actual re-discovery of the long lost 1910 Frankenstein film starring Charles Ogle, Augustus Phillips and Mary Fuller, and finally getting it released on DVD. Helped step by step with recently discovered Edison Manufacturing Co. documents and numerous rare photographs, many in color, published for the first time, this motion picture, it s unknown impact on later Frankenstein films and intertexuality are finally revealed and brought to life. Created in a style that appeals to all audiences, author Wiebel brings forth a living E-Book from dead tissues. Edison s Frankenstein stands on its own in the world of Horror filmography. This edition is welcome in any library. Now being offered with a DVD-R of the 1910 Frankenstein film, restored to the original titles with no visible watermarks is accompanied by a stirring soundtrack created from the original music cues edited from Edison Phonograph cylinders of the time period, it s become essential. Of the over 400 books on Frankenstein that I have in my library, this is the gem of my collection and the one I ve been waiting for. - FORREST J. ACKERMAN
Only 2 are left, though.