View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Re: Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
It could be eliminated completely, you can have a heated argument without swearing. I think having a few curse words to emphasize feeling and the type of person your character is can be good, just not every sentence.

an idea:

the mother could use the first curse word and then the father could be like "you fuckin swear in front of our kid? He's crying now, are you happy? You did that." or something to that effect. Then the father would swear when he talked to her, but she would no longer swear at him. Builds more sympathy for the mother character that way too.

It's going to be super hard without good actors, I wouldn't even attempt it so good luck, I hope it works out how you want it to. :)

I'd also be happy to read the finished script.

These 2 characters can't have an argument without swearing, at least not the dad. He's a drunk, abusive, beligerent, asshole. She's a scared, battered and submissive wife that finally puts her foot down (Or tries to.)

Thanks though. After re-reading it, I did see some spots where the swearing could be stripped out easily.

By the way everyone, when I am replying to you, please don't think I am arguing or even being defensive. I'm merely trying to explain why I did things the way I did the first time through. Believe me, I'm taking everything that's being said to heart.