View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:20 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Okay, I re-wrote the 1st scene, so here is a copy of the 2nd draft. Please let me know if you like the changes or if you liked the original scene better. Thanks.

SCENE 1 - Interior, home. 1992

(Clay & Mary are heard arguing loudly about Clay being a deadbeat drunk as Nathan is seen in front of the tv watching Friday the 13th.)

CLAY - I'm that one that puts food on the table, aren't I? Didn't I always provide for you two? What more do you want from me?

MARY - You've been unemployed for 2 MONTHS now Clay! 2 MONTHS!!! You aren't even LOOKING for jobs anymore!

(Mary is on the verge of having a breakdown.)

CLAY - There aint any out there! How many times do I gotta tell ya!

MARY - Oh, well... I guess you should just give up then! I guess Nathan and I will just go live in a cardboard box somewhere because you're TOO LAZY to get off your ass and get a job to provide for your own family!

CLAY - Go to hell! I dont have to listen to this!

(Clay gets up and starts putting on his coat.)

MARY - Where are you going?

CLAY - I'm goin down to Ernies!

MARY - Yeah, of course you are! Go get drunk like you always do loser!

CLAY - Bitch.

(Clay exits out the front door, slamming it behind him as Mary immediately breaks into tears and runs up to the bedroom, leaving Nathan to watch his Friday the 13th on his own.)

-Fade out/Fade back in approx 90 minutes later.-

(Nathan is still laying on the floor watching his movie when Clay comes home drunk and pissed. He's yelling right as he walks in the door.)

CLAY - Nathan, how many times do I have to tell you to clean up your fuckin toys?!

(Nathan looks around but the only toy out is the Jason Voorhies figure he's playing with while watching the movie.)

Nathan (scared) - I, I did, Dad.

(Out of nowhere, Clay smacks Nathan in the head.)

CLAY - Dont you fuckin talk back to me boy!

(Nathan sits in silence and fights back tears.)

CLAY - You gonna cry now you little pussy? You wanna cry?

(Hearing the commotion, Mary has re-entered the room now.)

MARY - You leave him alone! He didn't do anything wrong!

CLAY - Yeah... Alright. This is all your fault anyways!

MARY - My fault? How-

(Clay smacks her in the face before she can finish speaking.)

CLAY - Dont YOU fuckin talk back to me either! I think I've listened to enough shit from you for one night! Now I know where the kid gets it from!

MARY - You asshole!

CLAY - What did you call me?

(Clay aggressively attacks Mary and pounds on her for a minute while she tries to defend herself. After he stops pummelling her, she's swollen and bruised and sobbing. Clay has no sympathy...)

CLAY - Dont you EVER raise your voice to me again, you understand me woman?

MARY (Trembling) - I, I...

CLAY - You what?

MARY - Clay, I'm leaving you. I want a divorce!

(Clay's eyes show rage as he silently turns and leaves the room. Mary continues sobbing. A moment later Clay returns with shotgun which he points at Mary...)

CLAY - You think you can leave me? Here's your fuckin divorce bitch.

(Mary puts her hands out and screams for mercy.)

BANG!

(Mary falls to the floor dead.)

CLAY (to Mary) - Til Death do us part, remember?

(Clay then looks at Nathan, who is now watching in stunned silence...)

CLAY - What the fuck are you lookin at?

(Clay then turns the shotgun on himself...)

BANG!

(As the second shot is heard and Clay falls to the ground, the camera pans down to the blood pooling on the floor next to Clay {Mary is partially in the camera shot as well.} Nathan approaches his mom's body and speaks to it softly...)

Nathan - Mommy? Mom?

(After standing over his mom for a few seconds and getting no response, Nathan silently turns back around and sits back down in front of the couch where he continues watching Friday the 13th until it ends {It is almost over when he sits down.} Once his movie ends, Nathan calmly stands up, steps over both bodies and picks up the phone. He calls 9-1-1.)

Nathan - I think my mommy got hurt...

FADE OUT

END SCENE