View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:41 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
(In the trailer you hear a woman yelling this at an attack in this really funny deliver.) "What are ya doin?!"

The Verdict (1982)
8/10

Paul Newman plays a lawyer who got hurt trying to do the right thing, lost his wife and became a drinker. His buddy gives him a money making case, where a woman is left in a vegetative state because an operation went wrong. The hospital is owned by the RC and offer them a medium-low settlement, but seeing the patient encourages him to fight for justice instead of a payout. I thought this was pretty good, but not as intense as I was expecting; especially the in court scenes were a bit reserved compared to some other great court films. This was nominated for a lot of awards, but I wouldn't consider this a top 10 courtroom dramas.
Have heard this was pretty good..will have to check it out. Usually like Court films.
ONE CRAZY SUMMER (1986). This doesn't seem to get a lot of respect, but I think it's great. Unsure John Cusack spends the summer on Nantucket with friends trying to help singer Demi Moore save her Grandfather's house from greedy property grabbers. Tons of sight gags (a highlight is Bobcat Goldthwait going undercover, as it were...just inspired!), a decent story, a young Demi Moore singing (and not bad at all either) and an awesome soundtrack with The Beach Boys, ZZ Top, CCR, the Safari's and even Twisted Sister, among others! ****