View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 01:26 AM
Immortal horror fan

Bloodstained finally showed up after 4 years. I started a thread about it back then but no one checked it out.

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65942

I'm still waiting on all the extras though. I think Bloodstained and other games might mark the end of big video game Kickstarter projects. Honestly, they should not have happened to begin with. Too many fanboys out there who get overly hyped about being able to possibly influence projects and give out money without interest or guarantee from companies.

Some of these projects fall through and changes occur that shouldn't happen. Simple things like stuff that was supposed to be exclusive no longer is and is made available for purchase. People thought they were getting a slipcase but are now receiving sleeve cases. I'm sure in the Kickstarter terms there is probably something that lets companies off for poor management or not even finishing a project. I haven't come across many class action lawsuits because of Kickstarters gone wrong and nothing to show for the money.

Still calling items that people put money down for, basically pre-ordering items, and calling them "goodies or rewards" to most likely legally get out of producing those things if the project is poorly managed is going to stop. Same with calling people who are investing in your project simple "backers" so they don't have the power of an actual investor.