View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 11:43 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
A lot of drinks sometimes helps.

Sinister was actually a little scary for me. I liked it was a little different too; but didnt strike me at the time as a great film. have to check it out again.
I didn't want to look out the window after Sinister. It's one of those perfect late at night horror movies to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
I liked the sequel also.
Read a few articles like this one: https://screenrant.com/sinister-host...r-movie-study/
I'm the opposite. I didn't like the sequel at all. It was like The Descent 2. Both showed stuff you didn't need to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
HIDE AND SEEK (2019). This reminded Me a lot of GET OUT with HAS using Class Distinction as opposed to opposite ethnicities. A Young girl marries Her beau, but to be "Accepted" by the In-Laws, She has to play a game which may not be as She expected.....

It's an interesting premise, Samara Weaving truly goes all out as the Bride and there are some darkly humorous parts. However, a lot of the humor doesn't wash and really sick of the F word being used over and over in a film...just becomes tiresome. HAS isn't bad, but could have been a little better.
I reviewed Hide and Seek either here or on HorrorDVDs. The humor was good. Especially that car scene. But I thought the movie should have been more serious considering what they were dealing with. And I thought the twist with one character was too obvious.