View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 01:13 AM
No charge for awesomeness

-Green Day at 1st Avenue in Minneapolis back in the day. I had a front row spot for whole rocking show.

-Foo Fighters playing a 1 hour acoustic set in a local Best Buy. We got there early, had front row spots, and met the whole band afterwards.

-The Toadies at 1st Avenue. I am a HUGE fan and this was their final show ever. They broke up in the parking lot right after they went off stage and have never gotten back together.

-Up In Smoke Tour. Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Eminem, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Xzibit, Obie Trice, D12, The Eastsidaz. Then at the end, MC Ren and Yella from NWA came out with Dre and Cube for an NWA reunion. Snoop filled in for Eazy E. If you are a rap fan, how can that lineup ever be matched?

-NOFX at 1st Avenue. Nothing special. Just one of the most rocking shows ever in the best club for seeing a rocking show in the Twin Cities! NOFX always skipped Minnesota on their tours because like 15 years ago, they were here, went to a party, and then someone beat one of their friend's to death. (There's a song about it. Malaki Crunch.) Anyways, they held a grudge and never came here so when they finally did, man it was awesome! Sure as hell beat driving to Wisconsin to see them too! (Everything is always that much better when it's not taking place in Wisconsin.)

I've seen 50 some concerts and two hundred some bands in my day and those are the five best.