View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Babysitter (2017)

Pretty entertaining slasher-comedy. Though found that end credit scene with a "Twist" totally unnecessary & bullshit.

>>: B+

Wind River (2017)

This is a beautifully made, a very good crime-drama set around the investigation of a murder of a young Native American woman on the Wind River Indian Reservation. Story & character wise, I found it better & more compelling than the director (Taylor Sheridan)'s earlier films HELL OR HIGH WATER (2016) & SICARIO (2015) where he served as the writer. This time he did both writing & directing job here and I'm now very much looking forward to see his more films in future. One of the best films of 2017, IMO.

>>: A-

My only frustration while watching WIND RIVER was to find Jon Bernthal again here doing a small role. I just don't get it...whether he's got a bad agent or the Hollywood people still doesn't feel confident enough to put him in a lead for a movie?! Because though he already shown his acting talent in THE WALKING DEAD & THE PUNISHER TV series and I think he's one of the few extremely talented actors that came out in last 10 years or so from TV, Indie & big studio movies combined but still haven't got any big break in movies. Is still TV Persona affects the career for an actor/actress in mainstream movies?! The same thing more or less goes for Jon Hamm also who at least this year got a kind of an important role in Edgar Wright's BABY DRIVER where again Jon Bernthal appeared in a very small & insignificant role!

Last edited by roshiq; 10-14-2017 at 11:35 PM.