View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Sure, didn't the Witcher only use a sword? I'm a melee guy myself, so for me that was perfect. In Horizon tho range attacks and laying traps was a necessity to win certain battles and I totally suck at that. I'm really not a stealth kind of gamer as i lack the patience, so preparing before a fight is really not my style. It actually doesn't cross my mind to do so before jumping into the fire. So when I'm in a battle that takes a lot of skills my mind tends to go blank and I can only do hack & slash, which is totally frustrating in this game as you can't upgrade your spear, only everything else.

Actually a have a lot of frustrating issues with this tripple A game that I will mention as soon as I've beaten it. So... to be continued.
I was actually playing Witcher 3 before i played this so the change in fighting was very noticeable to me. I loved the fighting in The Witcher and don't think theres anything wrong with it. In fact i probably had more fun with Witcher. Horizon wins points with its ingenuity plus i enjoy stealth fighting.

I used the traps later on for big battles but sometimes it just felt so tedious and i just wanted to get into the action. I didnt like that you couldnt upgrade your spear either. It made it really frustrating when they would get up close to you and you were basically forced to run away and regroup.