View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:30 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Even the "Freddy" has nothing of the charisma of the classic one, none of his one liners and so on.
I think this is one of those cases of when people blend things together a bit.
The classic Freddy, as in, featured in the first one?
I found him quite dark and humourless...he did seem to enjoy the taunting though.
Had next to no one-liners, well not as jokes anyway...we got "I'm your boyfriend now" and "This...is God", but that's really on the more sinister side.
I didn't find him charismatic at all, he was more...evil...angry, and showed an almost hateful side towards the children - this ties in well to the origin story, their parents were his killers, and he was straight out for blood.

#3 is one of my favourites but does mark the point that he started to transition from the "original" Freddy into the standup comedian he was in the latter part of the series. Though #3 in and of itself struck a pretty good balance - it was the ones after that took him into more ridiculous territory.
I also quite liked the visual aspects of the dreams/manifestations in this one as well.
The Nancy thing sucked, but hey...who didn't love that twist though...

Of course, now I've read there was some talk about some attempt at doing with NOES what they did with Halloween?
Heather said she'd return but is uncertain of it's direction without Wes Craven.
I could maybe get behind this if it happened though.