View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Evil Dead

Krampus: Origins

I finally got to see this prequel. Despite one big flaw at the beginning where they have World War I still happening in December of 1918, while the real war actually ended in November 1918, it's overall not bad for an independent prequel on a low budget. The drama, dialogue, costumes, scenery, and visuals are overall well done with what they had. There is also plenty of decent laughable humor in there as well. There is a lot of backstory, and Krampus does not appear until the final 20 minutes, but this is an origins film, where that can be expected at times. Krampus himself is overall creepy and cool looking with his fx looking cool for lower budget. It is not as upscale as the 2015 movie or "A Christmas Horror Story" with William Shatner, but as mentioned above, it is an independent prequel on a lower budget, so you can't set your expectations quite that high. I can recommend this to those who can appreciate a lower budget independent film that is well done for what they had, but not to those hoping to see anything big budget.