View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 05:01 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddallthingshorror View Post
I've watched this 2 or 3 times hoping that I would like it more but it just doesnt do it for me. There are some amazing aspects and sequences in the film. The "plants", pig head, screwy family dynamic etc. but on a whole it kind of misses. Scream factory has a good release of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Gotta agree with Todd. I enjoy things about the movie more than the film as a whole. I like the pig guy with the Chainsaw and some of the campy dialogue. The performances are entertaining enough but the movie never rises above just kind of decent to me.
I watched Motel Hell last night and I have to agree with Repo'd and Toddallthingshorror. For me, it's good but it could have been better. It ends way too abruptly and I didn't like the characters Sheriff Bruce Smith or Terry. Nancy Parson and Rory Calhoun were great in the roles of Vincent and Ida Smith. I know Motel Hell is a dark comedy, but it felt like a lot of it was contrived. There was good humor in the movie and it was played dry (which I liked), as opposed to Scream Queens, which can be outrageous (but still funny).
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior