View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 01:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I think that ship sailed when they actually ANNOUNCED it some months before the season even started airing.
So concerned with fan reactions that they started publicly babbling excuses.
They keep doing this actually.
For once, the creators of the show are just as bad as insiders/fans with this shit.

You know...he really does seem to nail the personality, but I feel like they chose the wrong actor, or the right one some decade too late.
He has presence, but he looks almost skinny and frail. Negan in the comic is a tank in comparison.
He still has an interesting story ahead - though one integral and interesting part of it will be missing due to certain character/s not being around any more.
Unbelievably inappropriate for the creators to announce Rick would die this season. I'm assuming a cheap ploy to increase viewership. It didn't work. This seasons avg is down a million and a half from last seasons last 6 eps.

I haven't read the comics, but the actor they choose for Negan I think has worked well. He does seem a bit slight recently, but I didn't that impression in his first eps. He fist fought Simon for leadership, but I don't know if that was always an open invitation... that would certainly matter how big Negan would have to be.