View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 06:42 PM
Captain Awesome

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Keyser_Soze
What makes me "illiterate"? Is it that I think it is stupid to base the fact that you feel a movie is stupid on the marketing?

You have to have a suspension of disbelief when going to see a movie. I guess for someone as sophisticated as you that is a problem. You ever made a movie? Didn't think so. You give it a shot. See what you come up with in the horror genre. Maybe you can do it better than Carpenter or Hooper or Craven. Yeah right. "Those who can't make movies become critics." Ever heard of William Goldman? Probably not. Well he said that, and now talking to you, I get it.

Review this!
Anyone who says anything about a movie is a critic. The fact that you totally missed everything I explained about why I wrote what I wrote is why I said illiterate. I didn't say I thought the movie was stupid because of the marketing. I left a list of reasons that I didn't like the movie but you failed to see any of them. All you saw was the "Inspired by" part and left out the rest of the entire thing. According to what you are saying, I can only not like a movie if I'm a movie maker, otherwise I have to just accept everything I'm shown. I'm not allowed to question things in the movie. Clive Barker, Stephen King, Wes Craven...they have all been quoted with why they liked a movie. That makes them a critic as well.