View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 04:31 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Right, but because of how descriptive it is, there is little you can do to develop it. In other words, movies that are less descriptive leave the film maker the ability to adapt it in a way that suites more people. With King, we have an exact vision of what happened in the book and if it varies even slightly the die hards will point it out. If it isnt adapted exactly it becomes a point of frustration. The trouble is with direct adaptations, there really isnt enough material. Think about this, you spent twenty minutes listening to the description of what was in Eddies medicine cabinet, but in a movie, that is literally a 20 second scene. If you compress all of those details in scenes into what they actually mean on screen, you end up with a very short movie. These scenes need to be drug out, or there needs to be some addition in order to stretch it to movie length. See what Im saying. Think Richie at the bar before he leaves for Maine as an adult. The deal with snorting to lime juice, what is damn near a chapter, would play out on screen in 5 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
LOL! The last few posts have been a very amusing read!
King is long winded and descriptive beyond what is needed and it drives me crazy sometimes. I unashamedly admit to just scanning a paragraph or two when it's obvious he's going to spend 590 words describing a shoe, or the type of glue someone used to seal their asshole shut. That said, what remains after that is simply exceptional. I can handle the babbling on, because the rest pays off so well.
Either way I'm anxious to see how the new movie will adapt all these descriptive scenes. As is it's hard to motivate myself to just continue on with the story when I know I'm not even to the flashbacks yet. So many more medicine cabinets to be described, someone send help.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!