View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Sectoid Cuddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Interesting... Could you elaborate more on "the Thorn" thing? I saw The Curse of Michael Myers a long time ago, and I don't remember the deal there.

In regards to Halloween 1 and 2, I liked that he was the Boogyman, just some powerful evil with a lot of history, but murky history. I just kind of figured he was going after his sisters because there was something left of the mind of the possessed, so to speak. It was an interesting thing that he would stop when the mask was ripped off. It would be an interesting thing to flush out in sequels.

As I said, I don't remember the thorn thing. Sounds interesting, and maybe you can tell us all about that. But I certainly like the idea of simply 'the real boogyman' as a vehicle to the films.
So the Curse of Thorn had to do with a cult hinted at in Halloween 5 and introduced into The Curse of Michael Myers. They celebrated the old Samhain, and on certain years, when the constellation Thorn would appear in the sky, it was seen as an omen that there would be mass deaths in their tribes. In order to avoid it, they would sacrifice one family to bear the brunt of the curse. In that family, one member (usually a child) became an indestructible killing machine, pretty much an avatar for the force that came with the constellation, and they could not rest until they had murdered their family. At the last kill, the curse would be transferred to another person, and the cycle would begin anew. This is why Michael is unkillable and why he is killing his family.