View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 04:50 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I never liked the theatres. Ive taken the grandkids a few times but that was mainly to be an extra pair of hands for my daughter. What I did love was the Drive-In. Sure, it could be buggy and hot but we would load up on treats and soft drinks and half the time my kids would just get out and sit on lawn chairs we had brought.
My main problem with theatres was " what if we got stuck sitting near a rowdy bunch of people?. That plus Im quite anti-social.
I always wanted to go to a drive in theater. That's the thing I'm surprised more theater companies haven't tried during this virus period. It seems old school but fun. I remember seeing one once but I didn't have anyone to go with and I believe it was on the verge of closure.

The number of times I've been in a packed theater are very few. Usually opening weekends. I too don't like to bet on sitting next to an unknown stranger or group. But I guess I'm lucky in that the rowdy people were always away from me. I think they tend to sit in the front or very back. Places where people who don't really enjoy movies sit. You can't enjoy a movie at the front seats looking up. And the back is too far back and the surround doesn't work back there. I always sit in the middle.