View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Evil Dead

Found Footage 3D: About half a dozen people go out to make "the first ever found footage film in 3D" (How do I feel about 3D? Sure. Fine. Whatever.) with a real life divorcing couple making a film about a couple with marriage problems.

Douchy McDouche leads the production and hits on Lily The Intern with his wife within hearing and seeing distance. Lovely, right? Meanwhile, she flirts with The Nice Kid. Then there's the sound guy Zach Galifianakis (who comes across as the seen it all before type) and Adrian Edmondson comes across as the voice of reason (until he finally snaps too).

Overall, I kinda liked it. It was self aware in a good way, partly because of some likable characters, even though I could not remember all their names. Also, in this one, I don't find the overdone snark that you see in a lot of other horror films. Feels like they wanted to add a layer of pastiche and they did that (kinda) well. Also, towards the end, it delivered a bit in the scares department. Especially with the final shot, which is predictable, but gets the job done.