View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 12:53 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Oooohhh, I remember this! Yeah, Marc Singer.....
My wife was marveling at his 36 pack abs!!

D.O.A.-A RITE OF PASSAGE (1981). NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS, HERE'S THE SEX PISTOLS was probably the first album I ever bought on speculation. Had just turned 16 a month before and life not so good;;;Bad grades, having to leave crappy job to bring grades up, parents both remarried after divorce less than two years before, really no friends and too shy for a girlfriend. The vitriol and energy of BOLLOCKS was just what I needed and I was hooked after "Holidays in the Sun". Still consider it an essential album.

This film is a doc by HIGH TIMES magazine about the Sex Pistols short lived US tour in Jan 1978, where the Pistols were seen more as a novelty than as the threat they were in England. Chaotic disjointed time capsule with footage of decaying US/UK city areas, hostile punk fans in all their finery, interviews with British politicians who make no secret of their loathing for all things punk, footage and songs by other bands like Generation X (with a young Billy Idol), The Clash, Sham 69, X-Ray Spex , Iggy Pop and The Dead Boys. The majority of DOA focuses on the Pistols performances in small venues throughout the South with violent audiences, a seriously addicted Sid Vicious being a major liability and the band disintegrating before your eyes. Also disturbing is the interview with a seriously catatonic Sid with girlfriend Nancy Spungen.
I like the performances in here, for those who never got into punk or are curious, this should be a decent intro. ***