Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Evil Dead

vampires.."Rise"

12:00 AM, 30-NOVEMBER-06
Gugino Is A Hot Vamp In Rise
Carla Gugino, who plays a sexy vampire in the upcoming horror movie Rise, told SCI FI Wire that the long-gestating film is finally finished and should reach theaters soon. Gugino (Night at the Museum) completed the Ghost House Pictures production before starting work on her short-lived CBS SF series Threshold, which debuted last fall and was canceled after a short run; it's now available on DVD.

"That one just has taken forever," Gugino said in an interview, referring to Rise. "I think now it's finally finished. I know that they've just finished all the scoring and all of that. It's been an incredibly long process. But I do think now it will be released in the near future. I don't know when, but it's now done-done, so that's good."

Rise was written and directed by Sebastian Gutierrez, who previously directed Gugino in Judas Kiss and Mermaid Chronicles Part I: She Creature and wrote an episode of Gugino's other short-lived ABC series, Karen Sisco. Rise stars Lucy Liu as a reporter who's killed by vampires and is brought back to life and goes on a rampage against them. The film also stars Michael Chiklis (Fantastic Four), James D'Arcy (An American Haunting) and Samaire Armstrong (Stay Alive).

"Rise is a vampire film noir, and I play a vampire femme fatale named Eve," Gugino said. "So that part is very dark and sexual and interesting. And that movie is just really cool. Lucy Liu and Michael Chiklis are awesome in it." Gugino next appears in the family fantasy film Night at the Museum, playing a scholarly docent opposite Ben Stiller; it opens Dec. 20. —
Old 12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
[QUOTE=phantomstranger;517660]12:00 AM, 30-NOVEMBER-06
Gugino Is A Hot Vamp In Rise
Carla Gugino, who plays a sexy vampire in the upcoming horror movie Rise, told SCI FI Wire that the long-gestating film is finally finished and should reach theaters soon. Gugino (Night at the Museum) completed the Ghost House Pictures production before starting work on her short-lived CBS SF series Threshold, which debuted last fall and was canceled after a short run; it's now available on DVD.

Does this mean this is another Sci-Fi movie?