Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Evil Dead

just got back

just got back from the opeth concert here in NYC. if you get the chance, see these guys live.....they kick fuckin' ass!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:32 PM
You All Suck

I'm seeing them here in Milwaukee next week Friday.

I'm more looking forward to see Dark Tranquility. I've seen Opeth half a dozen times, but I have yet to see DT...so I'm very excited.

Do you know the setlist for Opeth?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:32 PM
You All Suck

Nevermind, I found it.

01. Under The Weeping Moon
02. The Night And The Silent Water
03. The Amen Corner
04. White Cluster
05. The Leper Affinity
06. A Fair Judgement
07. Deliverance
08. Windowpane
09. Closure
10. Ghost Of Perdition
11. The Baying Of The Hounds
12. The Grand Conjuration
Encore:
13. Demon Of The Fall

I'm a bit disappointed. The encore seems to be the same everytime I see 'em. They could've played one more song from "Orchid", they could've played a way better song from "Morningrise" (Nectar if you're wondering) and could've gotten rid of "Ghost of Perdition". Oh well, they're still my favorite band regardless of a mediocre set.

But like I said, I'm really going to see DT.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Evil Dead

actually that's not the set they played last night. they did some sort of chronological set which was kick ass. songs that they've never played live before. i wish i could give you a complete and accurate set list but i can't remember it all. i'll try to get it for you though.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:53 AM
You All Suck

Quote:
Originally posted by tonemeister
actually that's not the set they played last night. they did some sort of chronological set which was kick ass. songs that they've never played live before. i wish i could give you a complete and accurate set list but i can't remember it all. i'll try to get it for you though.
Uhm....are you sure you went to the Opeth concert? I think you're confused...

Quote:
Sweden's OPETH staged the first of their special performances, dubbed "Chronology MCMXCIV-MMV - A Live Observation By Opeth", on Thursday (Feb. 23) at New York City's Town Hall. The concert consisted of a chronologically played setlist, starting with music from the very first record, "Orchid", and ending with vibes from the latest opus, "Ghost Reveries". OPETH and crew also brought in extra production and screens in order to try and make this the ultimate OPETH live experience. The setlist boasted no less than four songs that haven't been performed on American soil and several others that haven't been played for years.

OPETH live New York City's Town Hall on Feb. 23, 2006 setlist:

01. Under The Weeping Moon
02. The Night And The Silent Water
03. The Amen Corner
04. White Cluster
05. The Leper Affinity
06. A Fair Judgement
07. Deliverance
08. Windowpane
09. Closure
10. Ghost Of Perdition
11. The Baying Of The Hounds
12. The Grand Conjuration
Encore:
13. Demon Of The Fall

OPETH will play two more "Chronology" shows ar Chicago's House of Blues (March 2) and Los Angeles' Wiltern Theatre (March 14). These extended sets are exclusive to the three dates and there won't be any support bands on these nights.

OPETH launched the second stage of their "Ghost Reveries Tour" in North America on February 15 in Raleigh, NC. In tow on this outing are DARK TRANQUILLITY supporting directly and THE DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND as openers in February and labelmates DEVILDRIVER as openers in March.
Source

I'm pretty pissed that when they come down here, The Devin Townsend Band won't be playing. I really want to see them too. It seems as though everytime I see Opeth, fuckin Devildriver is playing. I fuckin' hate Devildriver.

Last edited by Carpe Noctem; 02-24-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Evil Dead

like i said, so many songs. there was no opening act just some really bad ballet dancers but fun to watch. set list sounds right but not sure it's 100% accurate. i'll double check with the people i went with. i don't know all the titles but i do know that the last three songs were from the newest album.