Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Filmmaker

Send a message via AIM to BlackSunProductions
Salivations

Thought I would take a moment to introduce Black Sun Productions (BSP) to the community. We are an independent film company specializing in short and feature-length horror (that would explain why we're here wouldn't it). Okay, that's enough with the spamming, here is a little information about us. We are a fleshling company, founded and owned by Raymond Repass (a life-long horror fan). We believe in creating films for the loyal horror fan, not for the mass public (even if we do eventually score a theatrical release for one or more of our films). We understand that blood, guts, gore, and huge breasts are beutiful things. However, we are adamant that our films should focus first on the story and then on the perks. We hope to hear from you all and remember to keep an eye on us... you never know how far we will go.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:29 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunProductions View Post
Okay, that's enough with the spamming, here is a little information about us.
Thats a tad contradictory, dont you think?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Misanthrope

Send me some movies to reveiw Mr Blacksun.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:55 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I would like a screener copy also.;)

Friend....gooooood!

Old 12-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Filmmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Thats a tad contradictory, dont you think?
What I should have said is, "That's enough with the sales pitch. Allow me to give you a brief summary of the company." You see, I am not here just to pitch BSP to the forum members, I am here because I love the horror genre just as much as you do.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Filmmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
ok what movies do you have and if i buy one and it sucks are you going to buy it back now that were bud and all ?
You can't please everyone all the time and in the horror genre, one man's treasure is another man's trash. Take The Blair Witch Project for example. Some people loved it, calling it the future of horror, while others despise it to this day. Did Artisan buy back the copies sold to people that didn't like the film? No. If you don't like a film we produce, all we can do is listen to your feedback (and those with the same tastes as you) and make a film you will enjoy.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Filmmaker

To the two that have requested viewer copies, we are only just beginning. Our first short film, Ars Infernum: Experiment No. 13 is under pre-production. We expect shooting to begin no later than February of 2007. This film we are giving to the public though (i.e. we will not be selling it). Upon its completion, AI:EN13 will be posted on YouTube for the whole world to watch for free.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Evil Dead

....Aqua.....
Old 12-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Give the guy a little bit of a chance. Although it is a little spammy, he hasn't just posted a link to his movie. He's introducing his company and what they're about.

BlackSunProductions, I'll give you a few tips for surviving the forum. Since you took the time to introduce yourself, allow me to be an ambassador for us. We have a tight knit little community of horror lovers who suffer through a lot of spam. A lot of people (including myself) get a little defensive if we see people barging in on our territory to "pimp" their stuff without taking the time to get to know us. I understand that a lot of people don't have the time to post 20 times a day. Usually though, if you take the effort to look around and get to know us a bit, you'll get a warm reception:)

That being said, I suggest you ask a mod to kindly move your thread to the Independent Horror forum. For things like this, you usually get a lot better of a response.

With all that out of the way, I wish you the best of luck on your movies. When you're finished with AI:EN13, please post a link to it down in the indy horror movie section. There are several of us here who will watch it and give an honest review.

Hope you decide to stay and become a part of the community,
-Flayed
Old 12-15-2006, 04:41 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
Give the guy a little bit of a chance. Although it is a little spammy, he hasn't just posted a link to his movie. He's introducing his company and what they're about.

BlackSunProductions, I'll give you a few tips for surviving the forum. Since you took the time to introduce yourself, allow me to be an ambassador for us. We have a tight knit little community of horror lovers who suffer through a lot of spam. A lot of people (including myself) get a little defensive if we see people barging in on our territory to "pimp" their stuff without taking the time to get to know us. I understand that a lot of people don't have the time to post 20 times a day. Usually though, if you take the effort to look around and get to know us a bit, you'll get a warm reception:)

That being said, I suggest you ask a mod to kindly move your thread to the Independent Horror forum. For things like this, you usually get a lot better of a response.

With all that out of the way, I wish you the best of luck on your movies. When you're finished with AI:EN13, please post a link to it down in the indy horror movie section. There are several of us here who will watch it and give an honest review.

Hope you decide to stay and become a part of the community,
-Flayed
What he said. Your approach so far has been really good, especially comapred to what we are used to (I myself originally came here to pimp my stuff and started off like you, take a peek how long i have been here)

Dont let the bullshit get to you, if someone gives you shit, ignore them.