Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Scares Little Kids

sound advice

Right ive secured the camera for our production, we just need to worry about sound. Being a 'ghost story' sound is very important to this project.
Any advice? Ive read that we should get our hands on a dat recorder but if we cant, what should we do?
Also, i may have asked this already, but im going to need some make up effects for dry flayed skin. How does a complete amatuer secure such a thing?

Thanx!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Well, I suppose it depends on how professional you want to make your film and how much cash you wanna drop. I am wrapping up post production on a 10 minute short and I didn't use anything but the mic on my Sony Handycam for audio recording. On the raw footage, the sound is decent, but the volume varies (depending on how far or close the actors are to the camera) so it just takes a little extra time in post-production time equalizing the audio. I use Magix Movie Edit Pro 11 for my editing software and it has a shitload of audio adjustment options.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Scares Little Kids

We used an external mic and plugged the XLR into a mixer and right into the camera...What kind of camera are you using?