Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Evil Dead

d-war

has anybody heard anything about this korean film called d-war. evidentally is susposed to be released in 1,500 theaters here in the states, which makes it the most widely released korean film in the usa ever. it stars jason behr (grudge).

d-war is something about a war about dragons. it looks promising if you like big monster movies.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:18 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
D-War set to rock the screens in August, 2007

Yesterday two amazing international posters were revealed from Shim Hyung-Rae's D-War, which Freestyle Releasing will send to theaters later this year here in the States.

Based on the Korean legend, unknown creatures will return and devastate the planet. Reporter Ethan Kendrick is called in to investigate the matter, and he arrives at the conclusion that a girl stricken with a mysterious illness named Sarah is suppose to help him. The Imoogi makes its way to Los Angeles, wreaking havoc and destruction. With the entire city under arms, will Ethan and Sarah make it in time to save the people of Los Angeles?

The posters can be viewed here and here. The posters look awesome...and I must admit this can be the next big thing from Asian cinema to hit US screens.

The teaser trailer can be downloaded from here.
Check the Latest Horror News thread.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Evil Dead

oh....thanks. i didn't even see that. when will it be released though? end of summer or fall?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
For Vendetta

August 2nd is the official date given. I m betting it will come to the US shores by August 31st (thats the US release date).

Meanwhile, you can download and watch the awesome trailer and the two great movie posters.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-14-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

It seems a little like The Host meets Q: The Winged Serpent to me. A little goofy, but I'm glad to see this new(?) emergence of Korean Kaiju. Love monsters.

As Guillermo Del Toro said "if there isn't a monster on my call sheet, I'm not showing up"

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 06-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Evil Dead

yeah it does have the same type of movie feel like the host does. it should be a fun film.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:57 AM
For Vendetta

For those who have slower connections and are unable to download the trailer...you can view the trailer directly here :-

http://www.younggu-art.com/dragonwars/

This is ONE movie you all should check out. It promises to be a blockbuster.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-14-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:11 AM
For Vendetta

August 7: D-WAR a monster hit in Korea

Variety reports that the South Korean monster epic D-WAR has become a smash success in its home country, grossing $20.3 million from 2.95 million admissions on 689 screens in its first five days.

That was good enough to challenge the record set by last year's local creature feature THE HOST, which debuted to 3.17 admissions and eventually took in a total of $68 million, becoming the country's biggest-grossing film ever.

The trade also reports that the movie, in which ancient reptilian monsters battle humans and each other in present-day Los Angeles, has touched off an Internet war between the enthusiastic general public and area critics, whose reviews have been negative.

The FX-heavy film (which officially cost $33 million but is rumored to have actually eaten up $75 million) will open in the U.S. September 14 as DRAGON WARS via Freestyle Releasing.

Since then, the official U.S. site here has been updated with a pretty spectacular trailer, so hit the link to check it out.

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=4754

http://www.dragon-wars.com/
Old 08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Crystal Lake Slasher

This could be the next big thing if it pulls off.

- Walter Savage Landor.