Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Evil Puppy

Assault on Dark Athena

Looks like this is the remake of Escape From Butcher Bay and I can't wait. The first game was awesome (Chrono, if you have the original XBox you need to pick the old game up, so does anybody who likes dark, atmospheric, and visceral FPS games) and this pseudo-remake looks to be just as cool. From Vin's cheesy dialogue to the up close and personal executions.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...er_120308.html
Old 12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
For Vendetta

Interesting.

I havent picked up the original yet, so this looks to be my cue to get it.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Evil Dead

Doesn't look too much like a remake. But some of the scenes were from the first game. So possibly a prequel to the original game, with the original game added on the end?

The graphics don't look a great deal improved either...
Old 12-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
Doesn't look too much like a remake. But some of the scenes were from the first game. So possibly a prequel to the original game, with the original game added on the end?

The graphics don't look a great deal improved either...
I thought they looked great, especially the character models. It seems like they've added a lot of stuff to the game.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
I thought they looked great, especially the character models. It seems like they've added a lot of stuff to the game.
They look similar to the first game, or something along the lines of Perfect Dark Zero. Just my opinion.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
They look similar to the first game, or something along the lines of Perfect Dark Zero. Just my opinion.
They do but if you look the mapping is much more detailed and the reflections are enhanced quite a bit. The first game was beautiful anyway...
Old 12-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Evil Dead

From what I understand it's a remake with a new chapter on a space freighter at the end. The main complaint I have heard of both starbreeze's hits (Butcher Bay and The Darkness) was their brevity, so the added length can't hurt.

Sadly however due to the nausea that is induced by still tearing along the back of my beloved "Pitch Black" I have neither played Butcher Bay and wont play this. I do appreciate Starbreeze going for a remake/re-build of their most popular title video games can age so poorly at times but a good game is always fun to play. Props to them on that one.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel005 View Post
From what I understand it's a remake with a new chapter on a space freighter at the end. The main complaint I have heard of both starbreeze's hits (Butcher Bay and The Darkness) was their brevity, so the added length can't hurt.

Sadly however due to the nausea that is induced by still tearing along the back of my beloved "Pitch Black" I have neither played Butcher Bay and wont play this. I do appreciate Starbreeze going for a remake/re-build of their most popular title video games can age so poorly at times but a good game is always fun to play. Props to them on that one.
Judging things before you try them is great! :rolleyes:

It was a GREAT prequel to Pitch Black and I doubt a movie could have done it as well.

Last edited by Despare; 12-10-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Evil Dead

I never judged either, mate. I ain't suffering a shortage of things to soak up my free time, and Have jsut made a decision that I would rather not indulge any of the franchising of this "Riddick" IP, I love Pitch Black i'd hate to watch or play something that may taint my view of it... maybe it wouldn't but like I said I am not scratching for things to do.

I'm sure it's likely to be a great game.