Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Evil Dead

Cloverfield [mystery trailer before Transformers]

Matt Reeves will direct and Drew Goddard will pen the J.J. Abrams produced camcorder-shot monster movie "Cloverfield" for Paramount reports AICN.

That site first broke news on the top-secret project which comes upon the idea of a giant monster movie (the creature in this case being called 'The Parasite'), but have it all shot with home video cameras by random people to give it a very gritty and realistic feel.

Reeves directed "The Pallbearer" and TV shows like "Miracles," "Homicide," "Felicity" and "Relativity". The teaser trailer for the as yet untitled film ("Cloverfield" is a working title only) can be seen in front of "Transformers" opening tomorrow, and the film itself will hit theaters January 18th.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Evil Dead

Today brings more news about that mysterious J.J. Abrams project Cloverfield, which recently unleashed a bizarre kickass trailer in front of Transformers. Here's what we know so far: The film is due out on January 18, 2008, it's produced by J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot (Lost, Alias), Paramount Pictures is distributing, and it's apparently a monster movie shot from the POV of handheld video cameras. After viewing said trailer, our own Scott Weinberg said it looks like "The Blair Witch Project meets the Godzilla remake." Well, now, AICN say they know who's directing Cloverfield (or whatever the hell it's called): Matt Reeves. Who? Well, believe it or not, but Reeves was an executive producer and writer on the TV show Felicity, and he also helped the Mark Wahlberg flick The Yards and Under Siege 2. His only big-screen directing gig to date was on The Pallbearer, which he also co-wrote.

Keep in mind that Cloverfield is not the title of this movie; I believe it's the top secret name they're using right now to hide the real title, if there is one. AICN also claims that Drew Godard (Lost, Alias, Buffy) penned the script, and that the featured monster is something called The Parasite. With all the Lost folks involved, some fans speculated that Cloverfield could be a companion piece of sorts to the show. Personally, I'm in the camp that thinks this is a totally new flick -- I just can't understand all this secrecy. What do they have to hide? Is all this hush hush just a plot to drum up internet buzz for the project, or is there another reason why no one will talk about it? Regardless, I think a monster movie told from the POV of folks running around with video cameras has the potential of being a really fun ride, so long as the damn camera doesn't shake repeatedly and give me a headache. We already know there will be a host of major Star Trek XI announcements later this month at ComicCon, so look for more Cloverfield info to be revealed at that time.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Evil Dead

http://www.1-18-08.com/
__________________________________________________ ____________

Anyways...trailer was sick, and the concept sounds good, but just the fact that it's a giant monster movie means it's probably going to be cheesy as fuck. Meh.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 PM
For Vendetta

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...t=30244&page=9

Keep checking ^^^ thread.;)
Old 07-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Evil Puppy

It's on the net now...

I like the line in the trailer: "They've seen it, it's alive and it's huge!"

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

If you haven't seen this... do so. Looks like a crazy ass ARG too, all I did was send an e-mail to the link and got this-

"If you're receiving this auto-response message it means that I've gone into hiding. You should be careful now, too. They're likely to start coming after all of us in an attempt to keep the balance of power in their favor. But remember, as our numbers increase as a group, the weaker they'll become.

As you recruit new people to our cause, you might need to share this message as guidance for how to navigate the 5 locks to the key code...

1) The first lock will test your memory. Follow the trail of light and sound, but be careful -- one wrong move will send you back to the beginning.

2) For the second lock, you may need to look to the stars. They will help you find HAAS who will lead your way.

3) The third lock will require you to extinguish all lights but one. Only with one light remaining will you be able to proceed.

4) The fourth lock will let you move all 4 pieces through the control of one. However, unless the three key pieces are simultaneously placed into position, you will not be granted access.

5) The fifth lock will be the toughest. Seek help again from the stars to reveal your key and the message that you must decode. The two working together will open the way.

Good luck.

Van"

Last edited by Despare; 07-09-2007 at 06:11 PM.