Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Blackmantle

Lightbulb Pogo Lives

Hi everyone,
I've been writing and redrafting screenplays for a film idea I had for the past 3 years. In the spirit of Halloween this year, I am finally starting production on it next week, wrapping up in mid October to be approx. 95 minutes long. Here's the plot- just tell me what you all think- criticisms and all, please.
PLOT: The plot is inspired by the murders of John Wayne Gacey. It has been nearly 13 years since his execution in 1994, and the world has begun to forget the horrible image of Gacey's clown alter ego: Pogo the Clown. But far away from Illinoise where the original killings took place, something dark is stirring way down in a suburban neighborhood of Merritt Island, Florida. A teenage male has become fascinated with the long since dead killer Gacy, and has come to almost idolize him, hanging pictures and newspaper articles all over his room, and even donning clown make-up in the spirit of Pogo the clown. But soon, his infatuation can no longer be restricted to personal expression, and that's when the killing begins. One by one, students from the local high-school begin dropping off like flies, thier bodies mutilated by this Pogo wannabe, and stuffed under the floorboards of his home. His terror spreads throughout the nieghborhood and soon the city, causing a complete curfew lockdown on Halloween the following day. That will be the day of the film's climax, leading to a shocking discovery that the killer is much closer to the surviving teenage girl then she thinks.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

Don't sound any worse than most of the shit out there now a days.......GO POGO

Old 08-19-2006, 01:54 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Not bad.

How are you planning to shoot it?

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 08-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Blackmantle

"How are you going to shoot it?"

I have a full cast (friends and family, actors from the highschool and college drama departments. I'm making all the gore effects (blood, intestines, etc.) myself from a recipe I've perfected over the Halloweens. Due to VERY LOWE BUDGET, everyone is chipping in for DV film high quality recording tapes, and will be using my DV film camera for some scenes and a rented proffessional film camera from the local community college. That about sums it up. Thanks for your interest by the way.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:42 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

All right, Blackmantle, kick ass on it. The story sounds solid, make certain you focus on the look and actors. DV tape is cheap - get LOTS of coverage...you'll be happy you did in the editing.

Having been an actor in several zero budget films, I must highly recommend that you take out an ad for actors in your area...you will absolutely be surprised by the reaction you get.

Be a pro - feed your crew! They don't need pay, but they need to eat.

Wish you a fantastic experience and I want to know when you have a product that can be viewed.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 08-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Blackmantle

Ill let you know

Thanks for your support and I'll let you know R. Usher when I have the finished dvd. Send u a copy or something. Appreciate the tips. Get back later.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Blackmantle

Creepy Prologue

I just finished shooting and editing the prologue for the film. Quite creepy actually. First the splash screen of my homegrown production company appropriatley named "Decomposing Productions", shown on the screen in a fashion similar to that of Twisted Pictures. A short, dark pause of silence fills the screen, followed by unnervingly creepy music, dreadful violins and such. Gets in your head, ya know? A collage of actual photos of Gacey fade in and out in between the opening credits, various pics of Gacey as Pogo the clown and after he was apprehended. When the opening credits end- a short film I compiled together of actual footage from the crime scene- the aftermath, his arrest, and his execution by lethal injection are shown. This of course is followed by some narrative, the prologue ending soon after to begin in the room of our Gacey copycat killer, dressing himself in some homemade clown garments and doing himself up with the make-up, Gacey style. And so it begins. :)
Old 08-23-2006, 07:35 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Good going boyo.

Keep it up.

Francis Bacon
Old 08-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned

Sounds stupid