Old 07-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

Excellent motion-capture + CGI animation once again worked remarkably for Andy Serkis to deliver another amazing performance as Caesar and that's one of the main reasons for this 3rd & Best installment in the reboot-trilogy to made it a heart-warming experience at the theater. A very human tale about the survival of the Apes and fall of the humans...quite deep & moving at times. Highly recommended.

The 2nd best film of the year after Logan.

>>: A
Certainly one of the best movies of the year. Not only moving, dark and intense but also surprisingly human, optimistic and funny.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Certainly one of the best movies of the year.
You apparently haven't seen Baby Driver.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
You apparently haven't seen Baby Driver.
I have and it's also one of my favorites lol. I'd say these two movies, Get Out and Wonder Woman are the best of the year so far. I also have really high expectations for Dunkirk and The Last Jedi.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Evil Dead

ED WOOD (1994). The best film Tim Burton/Johnny Depp made and considering the subject, it's almost appropriate it didn't do big box office. Lots of good performances throughout, but the late Martin Landau (just a couple of days ago too) is simply wonderful as a delicate, wounded still proud Bela Lugosi, richly deserving the Oscar, even if the film isn't entirely factual. ****1/2
Old 07-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Evil Dead

Wish Upon (2017)

Terrible writing and terrible PG-13 editing. Joey King tried as hard as she could to salvage the movie, and she gives a pretty good performance. Almost all the kills are lifted directly from the Final Destination movies, but the deaths are so bloodless that they don't have the surprise of the movies they're ripping off. For some reason, I can't completely hate this movie, though. It's got some camp value at least. I've heard the director has an unrated version for the DVD release that's much bloodier, and honestly, I might take the time to watch that version.

4/10
Old 07-18-2017, 05:19 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
ED WOOD (1994). The best film Tim Burton/Johnny Depp made and considering the subject, it's almost appropriate it didn't do big box office. Lots of good performances throughout, but the late Martin Landau (just a couple of days ago too) is simply wonderful as a delicate, wounded still proud Bela Lugosi, richly deserving the Oscar, even if the film isn't entirely factual. ****1/2
Well, Frye, it's the second best Burton/Depp film, second the great Edward Sissorhands. Still I loved Ed Wood. Fun, weird and lovable. Landau was great as Bela.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-22-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:23 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Wish Upon (2017)

Terrible writing and terrible PG-13 editing. Joey King tried as hard as she could to salvage the movie, and she gives a pretty good performance. Almost all the kills are lifted directly from the Final Destination movies, but the deaths are so bloodless that they don't have the surprise of the movies they're ripping off. For some reason, I can't completely hate this movie, though. It's got some camp value at least. I've heard the director has an unrated version for the DVD release that's much bloodier, and honestly, I might take the time to watch that version.

4/10
that's too bad. Though an old concept, it's a classic. almost hard to get it wrong, I'd think.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
that's too bad. Though an old concept, it's a classic. almost hard to get it wrong, I'd think.
It's more the horrible script and PG-13 final destination kills that ruin the movie than the concept itself. If you must watch it, I'd wait for the home release because the director has said the uncut version is much better and pretty gruesome.

Last edited by horcrux2007; 07-18-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
It's more the horrible script and PG-13 final destination kills that ruin the movie than the concept itself. If you must watch it, I'd wait for the home release because the director has said the uncut version is much better and pretty gruesome.
Gorehound! Blood and gore don't mean a good movie.

Btw, check out Another Evil if you want to see a somewhat original ghost/haunted house type movie. If you're still into those. Got a feeling you might like it.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Do you believe these re-makes surpass the originals?
I've only seen the first two original Apes movies but they scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. They were like some of those old Twilight Zone episodes where everything is odd and messed up. I'm going to watch the whole original series again one day. Also the new ones. I believe there are two different remake series?

Tags
movie